Monday, January 25, 2016

10 Random Facts about Me:

1.  The Christian Rock Group Petra opened for me and a group I was singing with in the early 80's.  Well, my college ensemble was double booked with Petra at a High School.  We were shocked when we heard them rocking as we entered.  Needless to say, the kids found out renditions of 'Charleston' and 'Danny Boy' a bit of a let down.

2.  I was ADHD when ADHD wasn't cool.  At the end of my Junior year in HS my GPA was a whopping 1.65.  By the end of my senior year I had redeemed myself to the point that all I lacked to graduate was one semester of English.  I actually graduated with a GED.

3.  I went to college on a vocal and instrumental scholarship, studied music for four years, but graduated after seven years with a BA in Social Studies.  I sang both bass and 1st Tenor in college choir.

4.  I have been happily married for over 30 years but have six children by six different women conceived four states and on two continents.  My wife and I have one biological and five adopted children.

5.  I was commissioned as an officer in the Army in 1985 and served a total of six years in the Army Reserves.

6. Over the years I have made ends meet by serving as a security guard in pig slaughtering plant and a pickle plant.  I paid my way trough college mostly cooking and delivering pizza.  I have been in the ministry for thirty years, pastoring fifteen of those.  I also drove  school bus for about five years.

7.  I once met and greeted Garth Brooks as well as socialized with his wife Trish for probably an hour or so and didn't even know it.

8.  I made a public profession of faith at ages 8, 13, and 16.  When I look back to when my journey began with Christ I see the commitment and involvement beginning at age 16.  I was actually baptized after I answered the call to preach.

9.  I went back to school about 12 years ago and graduated with an MS in Counseling and have been counseling for about 10 years.  I now have a private practice in Tahlequah and an agency in Adair County.

10.  I have made a lot of mistakes, hurt a lot of people, and at times been a total disgrace to God, yet HE has managed use me anyway.  As Paul once said, "By the Grace of God I am what I .


No comments:

Post a Comment